Email Management Software For Customer Service
All the reporting and data you need to improve your customer support email performance without leaving Outlook or Gmail
Our customers have improved their response times from 7 hours to 2 hours and their response rates from 65% to 90%+ within 8 hours with timetoreply.
- Track email reply times and set goals (shared and individual mailboxes)
- Understand email volumes per mailbox
- Set real-time alerts for important emails
- Scheduled reporting and email SLA tracking
- View agent leaderboards
Customer service email management software that works with Outlook and Gmail
View Average Email Reply Times
See how long your staff take to reply to emails. See their average First Reply Time, Overall Reply Time, and their response time trends.
See Email Volumes
See how many emails were sent and received in a day per mailbox, as well as the trends. Use this info to balance workload and assign help where it’s needed.
Close Conversations Without a Ticketing System
Agents can mark conversations as ‘closed’ directly from their inbox, without the complexity of a ticketing system.
Set Response Time Goals
Teams and Customer Groups
Control Your Data
View Message Logs
Worried that your team is taking too long to reply important emails?
With our real-time alerts, you can create an alert to fire when there has been no response to a key customer after X amount of time.
The alert can be sent to a manager, the agent who needs to respond or anyone else you choose.
You can also link up with your CRM to automatically create a task for the agent so that they know to respond to the email.
- Improve reply times
- Never miss an important email again
- Reduce customer churn
- Increase NPS
Need an easy way to track email SLA performance?
timetoreply turns your Outlook or Gmail into the ultimate email SLA tool.
Now you can mark email threads that have been handled as “closed” and get clarity on what is awaiting a reply, what has been handled and what emails were responded to within SLA and which emails breached your SLA reply time goals.
Finally, your teams’ email performance won’t be a blackhole.
- Meet your SLA goals
- Save time by focusing on emails that matter
- Improve team performance
- Delight your customers
Looking for metrics for your shared mailboxes?
[email protected], [email protected], whatever your shared mailboxes are called, we can provide analytics on how you are responding to customers on the shared mailbox level and how each individual agent is performing to emails they handle from the shared mailbox.
Understand email workloads, average reply times and want requires a reply.
Your customers will love you and you’ll start hearing things like “you are so responsive” and “Wow, that was quick”!
- Manage team member workloads
- Provide better more consistent service
- Incentivise top performers
- View and improve individual performance within shared mailboxes
“In terms of responsiveness, it’s gone up from 62% to 86% as a company.”
Vice President of Customer Management
“We have seen response times in particular groups go from 7 hours to 2 hours with the timetoreply data. This is getting information to our partners quicker and streamlining the way we work.”
Director of Partner Support – Central
“Everyone has improved their reply times by at least 300-400%, giving our customers a 3-4 times faster and therefore better experience. As a business owner, that’s huge!”
Founder and Managing Director
“timetoreply is the best for the job. It is very easy to set up and import as many Agents(users) as you want and see the data populate in a matter of minutes.”
“We’ve been able to address staffing, general productivity, contingency planning, communication spikes and increases, and more. timetoreply has been incredibly valuable to our organization.”
“Being in the service industry, we are required to meet certain SLAs for our clients. timetoreply has helped us to ensure that we are providing the best possible service and meeting our SLAs.”
“It offers the privacy that individual user need/appreciate while still giving insight into communication performance for both internal and external clients.”
Frequently asked questions
1. How do you manage email customer service?
In order to effectively manage email for customer service you need to get a handle on the following metrics:
- Email volumes (emails received, replies sent)
- Number of emails awaiting a reply
- Number of customer conversations that have been resolved (closed)
- Your average reply times (first reply and overall reply times)
- If you are using a shared mailbox for customer service, you need visibility into who is handling what workload onbehalf of the shared mailbox to manage workloads and for capacity planning purposes.
With these metrics at hand you’ll be able to improve your customer service teams’ responsiveness on email, resolve customer queries faster, manage workloads, address capacity planning, identify topics that come up often or that take long for your team to resolve.
By using timetoreply with Outlook Desktop, Outlook Online (o365) or Gmail, you’ll be able to get all of these metrics for your customer service teams.
In terms of how to set up your customer service mailboxes, we recommend using a shared mailbox and giving each member of the shared mailbox “send on behalf of” permissions. That means that they will be able to access the shared mailbox and reply from the shared mailbox and our system will be able to determine which team member replied, how many conversations they are handling, what they have marked as closed and calculate their average reply times.
2. Which features to look for in the best customer support email software?
The first question you need to ask yourself is whether you want your team to continue using Outlook or Gmail or move to a different inbox solution such as a collaborative inbox solution instead? Based on this decision the features that you would look for would change.
Features to look out for if you want to keep your team using Outlook (Desktop or Online)
- Email analytics
- Reporting capabilities for individual, teams and shared mailboxes
- Reply time and resolution time tracking
- Ability to report based on label/category and by customer or customer group
- API capabilities so that you can display realtime data on your own BI dashboards
- Message logs so you can dig into the data to improve performance, identify cases that take long to resolve and help coach your team
- Real-time alerts so that emails don’t slip through the cracks
- Shared mailbox reporting with individual performance breakdown
- Email SLA tracking and reporting
Features to look out for if you want to keep your team using Outlook (Desktop or Online)
- Email security and risk compliance
- Data storage
- Collaborative inbox features
- Reporting and analytics
- Email reply time and resolution time tracking
- Multi-channel support
- Workflow automation
- Workload balancing
3. What is the best email customer service software?
There are numerous customer service software solutions available and each one has it’s pros and cons. Here’s a list of 5 of the top customer service software solutions and their main strength.
- timetoreply.com – works on top of o365, Outlook and Gmail, team stays in their inbox, shared mailbox reporting and email reply time tracking.
- Zendesk – powerful ticketing system, caters for shared mailbox, includes live chat and other channels.
- FrontApp – collaborative inbox, workflow automation, customer satisfaction report, multi-channel.
- Freshdesk – Omnichannel support desk, integrates into lots of other solutions, handles calls, emails, web enquiries, whatsapp and more
- HelpScout – Shared Inbox, Help Center, & Live Chat Software
4. What makes timetoreply a unique email analytics software for customer support?
Unlike other solutions that require your teams to move out of their inbox into their own tool to respond to email, timetoreply was designed to work on top of Outlook and Gmail. This means that teams don’t have to learn how to use a new software, they continue to use email as they always have and timetoreply sits in the background and surfaces the data and customer service team managers need to help improve their teams’ performace.
Here are a few notable unique features of timetoreply.
- measures the email reply times of every email your teams respond to either via their individual mailboxes or from shared mailboxes.
- can provide reporting for shared mailboxes and show how each individual is contributing to the performance of the shared mailbox (emails received, replies sent, reply times, conversations resolved and more)
- has an alert system to notify you if an email from an important customer hasn’t received a reply after X amount of time.
- Shows indivuals which emails are approaching an SLA reply time threshold (optional)
See how Telarus used timetoreply to reduce their response times from 7 hours to 2 hours with timetoreply
15 DAY FREE TRIAL
15 day free trial. Instant report. No credit card required.
We’ve got your back. Safe and secure for all major email providers.