In order for us to connect to your Mimecast account you will need to:
- use a single User that has the only the permissions needed for timetoreply™ to work.
- update the Authentication Cache TTL setting in the service user’s effective Authentication Profile to “Never Expire.”
This page provides a step by step guide to prepare a User for us to connect with. We will use this User to get an access key which is required to authorize all requests to the Mimecast API.
Note: should you ever wish to cancel your account with timetoreply™ or simply prevent access, you can easily remove this User from your Mimecast account at any time. This will prevent timetoreply™ from having any access to your account. We do not store the password of the User you create with these instructions.
Step 1: Create a new user
- Login to the Mimecast Administration Console.
- Navigate to the Administration | Directories | Internal Directories menu item to display a list of internal domains.
- Select the internal domain where you would like to create your new user.
- Select the New Address button from the menu bar.
- Complete the new address form and select Save and Exit to create the new user.
- Keep a note of the password set as we will need this to connect to your account later.
Step 2: Add the User to a newly created Role.
- While logged into the Mimecast Administration Console, navigate to the Administration | Account | Roles menu item to display the Roles page.
- Click on the New Role button at the top.
- Give the role a name and description, for example, ‘timetoreply™’ and ‘Role for timetoreply™’
- For Security Permissions, select “Cannot Manage Roles”
- For Application Permissions, unselect all options, then add just the following permissions:
- Account Menu | Dashboard | Read, Edit
- Archive Menu | Search | Read, Search Content View
- Directories Menu | Internal | Read
- Note: The Search Content View permission is Administrator-level permission. If you do not wish to grant this permission, you can also grant delegate permission for this User to all the Agents you plan to add to timetoreply™.
- Save and Exit the role.
- Navigate back to the navigate to the Administration | Account | Roles menu item to display the Roles page.
- Right-click the role we just created and select Add Users to role.
- Browse or search to find the new User created in Step 1
- Select the tick box to the left of the user.
- Select the Add selected Users button to add the User to the role.
Step 3: Create a new group and add your new user
- While logged into the Mimecast Administration Console, navigate to the Administration | Directories | Profile Groups menu item to display the Profile groups page.
- Create a new group by selecting the plus icon on the parent folder where you would like to create the group. This creates a new group with the Name “New Folder”
- To rename the group, select the newly created “New Folder” group. Then from the Edit group text box type the name you want to give the folder, for example timetoreply™ Admin and press the Enter key to apply the change.
- With the group selected, select the Build drop-down button and select Add Email Addresses.
- Type the name of the new User created in Step 1.
- Select Save and Exit to add the new User to the group.
Step 4: Create a new Authentication Profile
- While logged into the Mimecast Administration Console, navigate to the Administration | Services | Applications menu item to display the Application Settings page.
- Select the Authentication Profiles button.
- Select the New Authentication Profile button.
- Type a Description for the new profile.
- If your organization connects with Mimecast using Active Directory or Domino Directory, set the Domain Authentication Mechanisms option to LDAP, otherwise leave the setting as default.
- Set the Authentication TTL setting to Never Expires. This will make sure that when we generate your Authentication Token it will not expire and impact data collection by timetoreply™. timetoreply™ will not store the password of this User for security reasons. Doing this allows us to connect to Mimecast using only the API Token we will generate for you.
- Leave all other settings as their default.
- Select Save and Exit to create the profile.
Step 5: Create a new Application Setting
- While logged into the Administration Console, navigate to the Administration | Services | Applications menu item to display the Application Settings page.
- Select the New Application Settings button.
- Type a Description.
- Use the Group Lookup button to select the Group that you created in Step 3.
- Use the Authentication Profile Lookup button to select the Authentication Profile created in Step 4.
- Leave all other settings as their default.
- Select Save and Exit to create and apply the Application Settings to your new group and user.
Step 6: Enter the details of your new User in the form below
Finally, you will need to whitelist our IP range from your Mimecast dashboard: 184.108.40.206