Businesses are leaving money on the table by not responding to online leads effectively, and their potential customers are left frustrated.
Companies spend huge amounts to attract visitors to websites, and more dollars are spent to optimize sites to encourage these visitors to make an inquiry. But in a high percentage of businesses the optimization breaks down – leads are not responded to in a timely fashion and many go totally unanswered.
One study suggests that up to 71% of all leads generated online are wasted. What would your CEO say to that?
Lead Response Management Research Tells the Story
A number of studies have been conducted into the best times of day and the best days of the week to optimize contact and conversion rates (see
https://www.leadresponsemanagement.org/lrm_study). However these same studies found that “Immediacy of response far overshadows both time of day and day of week in its effect on contact and qualification ratios.”
Other key statistics and findings include:
- 78% of business goes to the first responder.
- The odds of contacting a lead if called in 30 minutes vs 5 minutes drop by 100 times.
- Simply by displaying your live average email reply time you can deliver an uplift in lead volume of up to 28%.
In short, the faster you respond to emails the more business you will close.
So what can you do to ensure you aren’t losing revenue? The tips below outline some best practices for lead response management:
- Optimise your website to make it as simple as possible for an interested website visitor to make an inquiry.
- Know which days of the week deliver the best contact and lead conversion ratios in your industry and dial up your online marketing on those days. Ensure that your sales team is able to continue to service the higher volume of leads in the same optimized timeframe as on other days.
- Install a lead response management platform to track and measure your company’s response times, and use the data gathered to motivate your sales agents.
- Ensure your sales team’s incentive program supports and encourages rapid and effective response behavior and does not encourage a lack of completion in lead handling.
- Provide regular training for sales agents and ensure they are suitably resourced to deliver on the timeframes and lead volumes required.
The benefits of effective lead response management are significant. Done well, lead response management can deliver lead volume uplift that is both incremental and better quality – leading to higher sales volumes and boosting brand perception.
Here’s What We’ve Got For You
Install timetoreply on your website and,
- Boost sales by measuring and improving your response times
- Increase customer engagement using your timetoreply Speedo
- Build your brand credibility with great customer reviews
- Improve sales team performance through analytics tools and insights